a India Rant and Raves: Dhoom 2 - my first Hindi Movie experience

India Rant and Raves

Globetrekker's life in India starting Oct 06 ... a first hand account ...

Saturday, November 25, 2006

Dhoom 2 - my first Hindi Movie experience

2 hours ago i was still sitting in the cinema of a hindi movie - "Dhoom 2" - staring Hrithik Rishan, Aishwarya Rai, Abhishek Bachchan, Uday Chopra, Bipasha Basu and Rimi Sen. See the links here and here. Talk more about the plot and the movie later but more of the movie experience first.

Ok, I mean, I have passed by the movie complex a couple of times and I've lived here for a while so well, my expectations are managed. So, when my friend the owner of the hotel coyly asked me "Neil, want to see a Hindi movie", I stopped in my tracks and then said "why not ?" "Ok, you go get changed, we leave in 5 minutes." Well, I was running off to get changed but then asked him "err, are the English subtitles ?". "No, not really but you'll enjoy it anyway" "Ok, I trust you !"

Seriously it was not as bad as I expected it to be, sure it's a little stuffy and the seats were like springy and all, and we were really lucky that my friend actually knew the owner of the cinema and she arranged special seats for us, because you know why, as we are already seated there in the hall and thinking "Umm, not bad eh, not many people today" suddenly the door was opened and the whole place just changed mood, hordes, and I mean, hordes of indians poured into the cinema, grabbing seats as fast as they can. Err, yes every person is suppoed to be assigned to a seat but err, well, doesn't happen.

We spent the next 5-10 minutes as people were pushing and shovelling and quarrelling about the seats. I was really wondering when this would end, but as if he read my mind, my friend turned around to me and said "Don't worry, when the show starts they will grab seats and seat down like as if they were playing musical chairs !" TRUE ENOUGH !!! 5 seconds. All were seated.

Movie started. Male lead appears, whistle and cheers. Male actor jumps of helicopter with parachute, whistles and cheers. Male actor lands on moving train and strikes a pose. Whistle and cheers. Aiyah you get the idea, it was like "interactive cinema" man !! Of course when Aiswarya Rai appeared the indian men went crazy......... well I must admit she's damn chio too.

So much for that...... I survived and thoroughly enjoyed my first Hindi movie in India, seriously. Will be looking for more to watch............

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home