a India Rant and Raves: 33 thousand Sir............

India Rant and Raves

Globetrekker's life in India starting Oct 06 ... a first hand account ...

Friday, November 10, 2006

33 thousand Sir............

.......ok, my mind goes to work at my 27 times table again, I silently mumble 33 thousand divide by 25 (for convenience's sake) equals..... err ok, 25000 rupees make 1000 sing dollars. so 32500 rupees will make 1300 sing dollars, ok around there...... wah ! expensive man.....

Of course the item in question was a 20" LCD screen TV that I was eyeing to connect up my puny thinkpad screen so I do view everything at one go.... talk about typical Singaporean kiasu-ism right ?

My third completed week in Amritsar India and life is really getting good man...... starting to love this place and seriously I think the beauty and charm of this place exudes itself after some time. Nothing like the hustle and bustle of Singapore, high stress environment where everything moves faster than you. Ok, let me correct that, on Mon, Tue, Thu and Sat my life is more relaxed cos I'm not working on those days....... envy right ?

This part of India is particularly not developed yet, being up north near to the Pakistan border and not the main centre of economic activity. However there ARE changes coming up in the coming years with major hotel chains coming in and setting up shop here.

Cee Tee Mall <<, just opp where I currently live, this is one of the most developed malls here. With Nike to boot ok ! Not bad eh ?

Visitors welcome. Jet Airways, Air India, Uzbekistan, Turkmenistan, Transaero, Singapore Airlines flies here from various destinations......... just bring sgd500 will last you a whole week (including accomodation ! )

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home