a India Rant and Raves: Why not contribute to Mother Theresa's Home in India ?

India Rant and Raves

Globetrekker's life in India starting Oct 06 ... a first hand account ...

Saturday, November 18, 2006

Why not contribute to Mother Theresa's Home in India ?

Hi Friends,

If you have old clothes or shoes or whatsoever for children aged between 02-10 years old, why not donate it to me so I can bring it to India for you. I'll help you make a difference to this orphanage in Amritsar - the Mother Theresa's Home.

SUN last I had an opportunity to visit this Orphanage at this city where I'm living now and ....... it was quite nice.

Those were the active kids coming out to pose for the photo. <<<

Aged between 2-8 these were the active bunch and were jumping around, playing around all the time.We spent a good time taking photos and boy, were
they intrigued by the camera, after every shot, everyone rushed to the camera and wanted a glimpse of the display on the LCD screen, ha ha. They were like, "hey, take me, take me" as in prompting us to take a picture for them and then show them how they look in the picture. You know, it's like such a simple thing and it gives them great joy.

Ok, I must admit that the children are very well taken care of, thanks to the 6 kind sisters who work there day and night to ensure the well being of these 25 children. But then they still have pretty bad living conditions and will always need support from us.

Many of these children are simply left outside the orphanage or by the roadside because of the poverty here. The sisters were telling me, sometimes they open the gate in the morning, they find a baby outside the gate with a note. Ok, I don't know if the families practice birth control but apparently they do not have the means to bring up addition children in their family and so......... the simple way out...... give them away.

My point is..... these children are innocent and should not be suffering because of the decisions that their parents made....... so besides living on the donations of money and clothes/shoes etc. they are having the opportunity to go to school etc and that's great.

So............ if you have old clothes, shoes etc which are lying around anyway and sellling them to karang guni will only give you like SGD2, why not pass them to me so I can help you bring them here ? Contact me for more information, I'll be back in Singapore in December.

Namaste.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home