a India Rant and Raves: 30min vs 99 days

India Rant and Raves

Globetrekker's life in India starting Oct 06 ... a first hand account ...

Sunday, January 28, 2007

30min vs 99 days

It's not a secret that things are irritatingly inefficient in this land. What we are used to having in like the blink of a eye takes super long to happen in this land.

I was supposed to get this document which allows me to enter restricted premises in my work area. and well, i know there are certain rules to follow, certain clearances to do etc. I thought Aus was bad (err, okie they did have a clause that allowed me to get it straight away thanks) at 8 weeks but as the chinese saying goes, one mountain is always higher than the other.

What normally takes like a 30 min process took me 99 days. from 20Oct06 till 29Jan07. Within this period, of course I did my fair share of illegal things, sneaking into the area without a proper document but well, what should I do if my area of work is inside there ? So......

I'll tell my great grandson and granddaughter about this.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home