a India Rant and Raves: Strikes across India

India Rant and Raves

Globetrekker's life in India starting Oct 06 ... a first hand account ...

Thursday, December 14, 2006

Strikes across India

Yeah, no need to work liao. Strike loh !

Yesterday say many parts of India having strikes, basically to protest against privatisation plans and to demand new labour laws.

Well I don't blame them, they are fighting for their own rights. They are campaigning against privatisation of state run companies and the move to allow foreign investment in banks. Well for a country to move forward this has to happen right ? Open up and all. Globalisation and all. But of course this leads to job losses in many areas, so well no one is happy to lose his/her job.

Was driving back from buying fireworks (now this is a totally different blog entry altogether) with my mates yesterday when we were held up in super duper heavy traffic across the bridge over the railway line (err, okay that's the only way I know to return home, if they ask me to go by another way, I wouldn't know too, ha ha) and ha ha, I got my camera with me. Not very prominent pics amidst the crowds but you get the idea lah.

Spot the opportunistic photographers on the rooftop ? D**m should have brought my 350D with me.

Err, maybe our Mr C*** S*** J*** should come here for some training ?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home